Call for Art!
This fall, Modern Fuel Artist-Run Centre is excited to be launching our newly designed
fundraising project – a deck of MF ARCards! This distinctly Kingstonian deck of cards
will represent the creative strength of our community by reproducing the work of local
artists and designers on the front of each card.
The cards will be sold as a collector and tourist item at various businesses throughout
the city with all proceeds supporting Modern Fuel Artist-Run Centre. Projected to be
one of our most significant fundraising events this year the cards will, at the same
time, raise the profile of contemporary artists within Kingston and its environs.
Modern Fuel* is currently seeking images of new and/or past works to be included
on a card in the deck together with the name of the artist. The submissions for this
project will be considered on a first-come-first-served basis, however, publication of
all submissions cannot be guaranteed. If an artist would like to request publication
of their image on a particular card (for instance, the Queen of Hearts), these will
also be distributed on a first-come-first-awarded basis. Multiple submissions will
be permitted. If you would like to donate an image to the MF ARCards, you are
invited to use the submission form on our website at www.modernfuel.org/deck
, which includes information on the specs and file format standards for the cards.
Deadline for submissions is September 1st, 2010. We will hold a launch event for the
Card Deck in October 2010 where each artist in attendance can pick up their own free
deck of MF ARCards!
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions and, as always, we thank you for
* Modern Fuel is a not-for-profit Artist-Run Centre that supports innovation and
experimentation in contemporary art. For over thirty years, we have been showcasing
provocative work by emerging and mid-career Canadian artists from diverse cultural
communities. Our members and visitors have come to expect high-quality programming
that includes exhibitions, experimental concerts, workshops, lectures, and access to our
New Media Workspace.
For More Info: www.modernfuel.org or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join us for the launch of our Culture Days activit...
- Be a vital part of Kingston’s first annual Multicu...
- CFA Invitation for Kingston Holiday Fayre
- Academy Gallery Show Opening - Thursday Sept 2
- 'Hooked' women confront addictions to Hitler, murd...
- Sweet Folk All Sunday Aug 29th
- KING'S TOWN PLAYERS PRESENT ...
- Cathedral Children's Choir
- Upcoming Flying-V Productions Concerts
- Kingston Multicultural Arts Festival Saturday Sept...
- The Gertrudes CD Pre-Release Party - Fri Aug 27 @ ...
- Modern Fuel Art Cards - CFA!
- BRUSHWORKS ART SHOW AND SALE
- Studio22 Open Gallery Exhibition of Blenderman ~ G...
- “Goddesses of The County” Art Show
- Upcoming KPP Shows and Events
- Kingston Symphony's Second annual Whisky Cruise
- CCA urges the gov't to keep investing in arts and ...
- Thousand Island Fine Arts Association Annual Show ...
- Sweet Folk All Sunday Aug 15th
- Live Wire opens season with Alex Cuba
- Art in Nature Workshop October 15-17 @QueensU Biol...
- KINGSTON FOLK CLUB: Sunday, August 8 (Jerry Garcia...
- Cathedral Children's Choir - New Term
- Art Event - Languishing Bellows
- Prison Farm Documentary - Help Needed
- Flute Institute..tune your flute playing!
- Festival of Trees is seeking Volunteers
- Thousand Islands Writers Festival
- Woodworking Museum Event Highlights Local Artisan
- Modern Fuel’s 12th Annual Regional Juried Members’...
- ▼ August (31)